Join AZAD Technology Partners as an Information System Security Engineer and serve as a member of an enterprise level Information Technology (IT) Operations team to evaluate and engineer various technical, operational, and management solutions to security problems related to IT projects of significant scope and impact. This individual will be responsible for engineering, planning, implementing, upgrading or monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks and information.
The ideal candidates will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- 6+ years of demonstrated hands-on IT Network, Security Engineering experience with below mentioned applicable Bachelor’s degree (10+ years without applicable Bachelor’s degree).
- Experience performing hands-on technical implementation of information systems commensurate with the professional certification of CISSP, SANS/GIAC, etc. The hands-on technical experience should have employed or leveraged technologies involved in information systems such as, but not exclusive of or limited to, Active Directory, MS SQL or Oracle, IPSEC, Operating system security configurations (DISA STIG, FDCC, CIS, etc.), WAN, LAN, and web services (Apache, Internet Information Server, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience effectively performing security control implementation on networks, servers and systems and/or vulnerability assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating various different technical, operational and management solutions to security problems, using written language and various media to present alternatives and recommendations.
- Ability to evaluate various different technical, operational and management solutions to security problems, using written language and various media to present alternatives and recommendations.
- Ability to develop documentation sufficient to arrive at logical and comprehensive conclusions and recommendations. The documentation must be of a sufficient professional level to stand as an artifact for reuse as part of the security architecture.
- Ability to work in hands-on technical implementation of information systems.
- Ability to perform analysis of in-place technical and non-technical security controls protecting information and information systems.
- Familiarity with the System Development Life Cycle and the 800 series of National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST).
- Knowledge of the following:
- Networking and internetworking (e.g. routing, switching etc.), computer and network device operating systems (e.g. Windows, Unix, Linux, IOS etc.), firewalls, and general security engineering concepts.
- Software and system development and architecture in support of security engineering concepts.
- Vulnerability research methodologies and sources.
- United States (US) Government security authorization (certification and accreditation) policies and processes.
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and its implementation through NIST 800-53.
- Security engineering.
- Security incident handling, response and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- CISSP Certification
- SANS/GIAC Certification
AZAD Technology Partners is looking for bright, talented, flexible, and customer centric problem solvers who enjoy the challenges associated with solving the most complex problems by utilizing the most sophisticated technologies and strong people skills.
Founded and managed by technologists and engineers, AZAD is a leading provider of Technology Consulting and Engineering Solutions to Fortune 500 and innovative high-tech firms since 1992. AZAD works closely with its clients to solve their most complex technological challenges. Join AZAD’s professional team and enhance your career by being engaged with some of the most innovative projects in the Pacific Northwest.
AZAD’s model provides a unique employment experience that is career path focused, relationship based and dedication to advocacy and retention with an average tenure of 8 years.
Our collaborative approach to support our clients, projects and our passion about technology is key to our success. If you enjoy working in such an environment, we encourage you to apply.
EXCELLENT EMPLOYEE BENEFITS including Co-paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, Paid Sick Leave, 401K Plan, Credit Union Membership, and Referral Bonus.
U.S. Citizens only for Federal Clearance Requirement
AZAD Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer that considers and employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, color, sex, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal law. AZAD Technology Partners takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces services medal veterans, and other protected veterans.
|Job Category||Information Systems|